Labor Day Weekend is dawning, and that means a couple different things in my world, such as:
- I’m thankful for my job, for the opportunities it presents, for the flexibility if offers, and for the team that I work with. I admit that I’m not always as appreciative as I should be, but I know that I am lucky to be where I am.
- There’s a long weekend just on the other side of 5:00, and all I have to do is make it less than 20 minutes before I’m heading out of town for a fun-filled visit to St. Louis.
- This road trip will be my first dance with the new Garmin GPS Jax so thoughtfully gave me for my birthday. I’m considering naming it Garmin Electra (haha, get it?) but I’m not sure that I want my new device’s namesake to be a woman for whom I have very little respect. So, scratch that; still working on names.
- Despite Labor Day being touted as the unofficial end of summer, I refuse to give up on it so easily. Every season deserves its allotted time in the spotlight, and I will proclaim summer’s glory until the first day of autumn.
- Another year of disregarding the no-wearing-white-after-Labor-Day standard. I’m no fashionista, so I like to think those rules don’t apply to me.
- While football isn’t my absolute favorite sport, I do enjoy watching the occasional game, eating the standard game day munchies, and being a part of all the excitement that comes with it; plus, I have a good time submitting my *extremely well-thought-out* weekly team picks in the friendly pool I joined last year. More importantly, the start of football season denotes the beginning of a time of year that I absolutely love, and that is something I can get behind.
Happy Labor Day Weekend to you all!