1) There are many things I love about Memphis in May, like dancing in the rain, barbecue festival, and picnicking to the sounds of the symphony. One thing that’s often overlooked, however, is the country the city is honoring. And this year, that country just happens to be one I’ve visited, and one that I absolutely fell in love with the few days I was there. Belgium. Sweet, charming, exciting, delicious Belgium.
2) Make plans to go shopping next weekend with this sweet coupon:
3) Last night while volunteering at an event to raise awareness and funds for multiple sclerosis, the house band broke into a cover of Bob Marley’s Stir It Up, and I couldn’t help but dance around. In that moment as I watched the crowd light up and move along, I was all smiles. This song reminds me of live music and sunshine, and it made me so excited for warmer months ahead.
4) I just updated the Race Recaps portion of my blog with details from my most recent half marathon, which I miraculously happened to run over 15 minutes faster than my previous best time. Check it out, if you’re so inclined.
5) I had intentions of writing a full blog post today, but with the current events in Japan, anything I would have written seems a bit insignificant now. My heart and prayers go out to the earthquake and tsunami victims. Tragedies like this are a reminder of how very fleeting life is. This is a great opportunity to focus on perspective, and to make sure the ones you love know how much they mean to you. Tomorrow is not promised, and the present is a gift. Don’t waste it.