This list is more so that I can look back and remember the music I saw in 2010, and less a post that you will be interested in reading. Only those of you who enjoy reviewing the year in music (Wade, I’m talking to you) or who accompanied me to the majority of these shows (Jax) might have an interest in this. Otherwise, please kindly overlook.
By the looks of it, my January was devoid of live music. I don’t know how I feel about this.
- Lucero ~ February 5 ~ Minglewood Hall
- Eric Clapton ~ March 5 ~ FedEx Forum (this is Music Bucket List material right here!)
- Third Day ~ March 7 ~ FedEx Forum
- Lucero ~ March 12 ~ Mercy Lounge
- Lucero ~ March 13 ~ Marcy Lounge
- Couch Fire ~ March 21 ~ New Daisy
- Galactic ~ April 16 ~ Minglewood Hall
And here marks the beginning of festival season, which was full of waaaaayyyyy too much good music to individually list. Just know it was awesome.
- Beale Street Music Festival ~ April 30 – May 2 ~ Memphis, TN
- Hangout Beach, Music, and Arts Festival ~ May 14 – 18 ~ Gulf Shores, AL
- KC and the Sunshine Band ~ May 29 ~ Sunset Symphony
- Wakarusa ~ June 3 – 6 ~ Mulberry Mountain, AR
- Black Joe Lewis ~ June 11 ~Levitt Shell
- Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival ~ June 10 – 13 ~ Manchester, TN
Back to life, back to reality.
- Chris Tomlin and Toby Mac ~ July 7 ~ Hope Presbyterian Church
- ZZ Top ~ August 1 ~ Desoto
- Tom Petty ~ August 12 ~ Bridgestone Arena
- Lucero ~ August 21 ~ Rock 4 Love, HiTone
- Lucero ~ September 25 ~ Lyric Oxford
- Avett Brothers ~ October 29 ~ The Ryman Auditorium
- Girl Talk ~ October 31 ~ Mai
- Iron and Wine ~ November 14 ~ Minglewood Hall
- Lucero ~ December 23 ~ Minglewood Hall
Started and ended the year with Lucero, sounds about right. And if this list is complete, which I cannot confirm that it is, then it looks like I saw Lucero seven times last year (I’m including their Bonnaroo set, for those of you who like math and don’t see how things are adding up).
And now I’m ready to start on 2011!