It’s October 1, and an absolutely glorious October 1 at that. Because today is such a great day, and because I love you, I thought I’d share a little of that greatness with you.
1) The beginning of October marks the beginning of holiday season, and that just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Even though I don’t love the cold, I do love bundling up in fuzzy winter clothes, making and eating soup, spending time with family and friends, cheering for my teams during basketball season, and enjoying the general good cheer the holidays bring about.
2) I ran four miles during my lunch break this afternoon, and it worked out famously. It had never occurred to me to run during lunch before, but now that it has, and it worked out so flawlessly, I think I shall make a point to do it more often. Now I don’t have to worry about running after work, fight the desire to skip it and get my weekend started sooner, or rush to make my 7:30 dinner reservations.
3) Dinner reservations: Party of two at Texas de Brazil, in honor of Jax’s upcoming birthday. Yes, please. I have actually never had the pleasure of eating here, but I have salivated over the menu and cannot wait to partake in the deliciousness that awaits. And I can’t wait to give him his presents!
4) Tomorrow night, in honor of certain birthdays, a group of us are gathering for a super secret surprise birthday event, of which I cannot share any details in fear of the guests of honor finding out such details. I can say, however, that I love my friends. All of you, not just the attendees of said event. I’m so thankful for the people God has surrounded me with. He is so purposeful in every detail, and our friends and acquaintances are no exception. I’m grateful for the friendships with which I have been blessed.
5) Marathon training is going strong. This past Tuesday, Mere and I ran a measly 13 miles. We were joking that it’s not very often you run a half marathon on a random Tuesday night after work, but that’s the reality of marathon training. Especially when you train like us, which means loading your calendar with all the activities your heart desires and somehow squashing 30+ miles of running into the mix. This weekend, we only have to run ten, but next weekend, we are up to FIFTEEN. Heaven, help us! If any of you kind souls out there want to donate between $5 and $1,000,000 dollars to my St. Jude Heroes fund at www.mystjudeheroes.org/melissam, I’d be might appreciative, and so would the sweet children at St. Jude!
6) I wish all of you a beautiful beginning to this new month. The weather is just exquisite, I hope you all get a chance to enjoy it this weekend!